Join us for a legislative strategy session and workshop that will demystify the legislative process, build our legislative capacity, and highlight the legislative priorities and strategies of our people of color (POC) led partners!
This workshop is the first of a two-part series for anyone who is passionate, curious, or wants to learn more about the ways that policy combined with grassroots organizing can be used as a tool in the movement for racial justice and collective liberation.
This workshop will provide opportunities for participants to:
– Learn how the Movement 4 Black Lives Policy Platform (M4BL) fits into SURJ Bay Area’s organizing framework
– Leverage our grassroots power in the state Capitol
– Plug into statewide policy work and action
– Practice bringing your voice and positionality to the political process
– Hear from our POC partner organization, Initiate Justice, on their 2019 legislative campaign
This workshop is a fundraiser for Initiate Justice. Please bring a cash donation that is meaningful for you. We are eager to hear all of your voices and to help develop SURJ’s role in the California policy landscape. All levels of experience are welcome!
Hold the date for the second workshop in this two-part series: February 3, 2019!
Seneca Family of Agencies is located at 6925 Chabot Road, Oakland, CA 94618.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION