Do you have an idea to change your community for the better? Do you have questions about policymaking on a local or state level? Do you want to explore your inner policymaker?
Come get answers, ideas, and strategies from our center’s staff, experienced attorneys and policymakers!
This is a two-part event (You can come to both, or either!)
1. From 5:00PM – 5:45PM, there will be a DIY Policymaking teach-in facilitated by Sustainable Economies Law Center’s Policy Director, Yassi Eskandari, and Executive Director, Janelle Orsi. They’ll present best practices for engaging in local and state-level policy issues.
2. From 5:45PM to 7:30PM, we’ll be hosting a Policy Cafe and offering individualized consultations for folks who want to discuss their specific ideas and get advice on questions such as:
- What are the next steps after I have come up with my policy idea?
- How do I draft a policy proposal?
- How do I approach council members, county supervisors, or other legislators about my idea?
- How do I navigate the legislative process?
- In what ways can my nonprofit participate in policy advocacy?