1651 Adeline St
Oakland’s teachers, students, and families are ready for a historic strike for public education. The stakes are high. In Oakland and all across the country public education is under attack. We support Oakland teachers’ fight for schools that our students deserve. Smaller class sizes, more student support services, a living wage for teachers and to keep schools open. SEIU 1021 and AFSCME have already joined the fight! Let’s all show them our support! Here’s how you can help:
- Join us for a rally at DeFremery Park
- Donate directly to the Bread for Ed fund raising efforts to support students by clicking this link: https://donorbox.org/breadfored?fbclid=IwAR2OAxXd0TCQ7edRIBwruYNmZp504FiUVHApv0oszsx2ppMosvF5IM2e29U
- Donate to the OEA Member Assistance Fund (strike hardship fund) for educators who are experiencing financial hardship because of the strike, by clicking on this link: https://www.gofundme.com/striking-oakland-teachers?member=1579912
- Donate to the Alameda Labor Council Hardship Fund for OEA strike support. Make your checks payable to �Alameda Labor Council � Memo: Strike Fund�. Drop off or mail to Alameda Labor Council, Attn: Cora Kapenga, 7750 Pardee Lane, Ste 110, Oakland, CA 94621
- Adopt-A-School: (targeted schools) Need 2-4 affiliates for each location to support by donating food and supplies (breakfast/lunch/snacks/drinks) to the teachers, parents, students and community allies on the picket lines. Also, turnout for picket line help from 7am-10am and 2pm-4pm at these targeted locations. To adopt-a-school, please contact Eleanor Angeles at email@example.com or (510) 499-2839.
Markham Elementary – 7220 Krause Ave.
Burkhalter Elementary – 3994 Burckhalter Ave.
Brookfield Elementary � 401 Jones Ave.
Fruitvale Elementary – 3200 Boston Ave.
Howard Elementary – 8755 Fontaine St.
Sojourner Truth/Rudsdale – 8251 Fontaine St.
Sankofa Academy – 581 61st St.
Parker Elementary – 7929 Ney Ave.
Carl Munck Elementary – 11900 Campus Dr.
- Phone bank for strike support: Dates and times will be announced soon for phone bank at the Alameda Labor Council to make calls for strike support. To volunteer, contact Eleanor Angeles firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 499-2839.
- Wear and share with your worksite “We Stand with Oakland Teachers” buttons. Pick up from the Alameda Labor Council
We will keep you posted for any changes or additional information. For daily updates follow OEA on their website: https://oaklandea.org/ or their FaceBook page: Oakland Education Association