500 14th St.
4. Census Team – Presentation on 2020 Census – Informational report only Richard J. Luna, Assistant to the City Administrator, will give a presentation regarding the 2020 Census. The 2020 Census will be conducted primarily online and made available in only 13 languages, which makes it a challenge in ensuring a complete count for Oakland. According to the State of California, 57% of Oakland’s population lives in hard-to-count Census tracts. Factors that lead to hard-to-count areas in Oakland include: crowded units, renters, multiple families living at a residence, people living below the poverty level, among others. The City of Oakland and County of Alameda have partnered in outreach efforts to ensure everyone is counted during the 2020 Census. Commissioners are encouraged to make a pledge to take the Census, register as a Census Ambassador, and to discuss the importance of the Census with family and friends.
5. Chair report – Informational report only
a. PAC Annual Report
b. 2020 Planning and Agenda Management
c. OPD Tech Priority List
d. Goldman School of Public Policy – Citizen Data Project
6. Surveillance Equipment Ordinance – OPD – Cell Site Simulator Annual Report (2019) – review and take possible action
7. Surveillance Equipment Ordinance – OPD UAS (Drone) Exigent Use Report – review and take possible action.
8. Surveillance Equipment Ordinance – OPD – UAS (Drone) Impact Report and proposed Use Policy – review and take possible action
9. Surveillance Equipment Ordinance – OPD – Mobile ID Impact Report and proposed Use Policy – review and take possible action