Everyone is Needed to Stop Police Abuse
Serve your community! Be an organizer! Join Copwatch!
Berkeley Copwatch is the original copwatch and nationally known for the past
25 years. We are an all volunteer group and we want to train new people to
challenge the growth of police power and abuse of people in our communities.
We all need to watch the cops, but that’s not all. We need people to respond
to victims, conduct “Know Your Rights” trainings, help organize our
communities, manage the footage and information that comes through our office
and create educational programs that strengthen our unity. We need volunteers
to help us:
* Stop Berkeley police from getting Tasers
* End Berkeley’s participation in Urban Shield military exercises
* Bring “Know Your Rights” trainings into our schools and communities
* Increase the number of weekly Copwatching shifts that are going out
* Challenge the systematic mistreatment of homeless youth by police
* Do office work, respond to emails, phones, etc.
* Data management of incidents and video
* Maintain online presence
* Edit and distribute monthly newsletter