Join us for a two hour photography workshop by activist and photographer Brooke Anderson. Whether you’re using your iPhone or a DSLR, through this workshop you will have the opportunity to:
• reflect on the role of photography in social movements and visual storytelling
• learn key principles of composition, lightening, exposure
• explore the settings and various “tips and tricks” on your camera phone
• practice taking portraits and get feedback
• discuss key issues around consent, representation, legal rights, etc.
Brooke Anderson is a social movement organizer and photographer based in Oakland, CA. Check out her work @ https://www.facebook.com/
There is a suggested donation of $10 from any interested activists to help cover the costs of the event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org