Join us for one of several webinars and in-person trainings on critical civil liberties issues facing our state and the nation:
- Voting Rights: Tuesday, Jan. 16, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- California has one of the lowest rates of voter registration and voter turn-out in the country. 2018 is a critical year for ballot measures, local elections like the DA races, and of course, changing who holds the keys to power. In this webinar, we’ll give you the resources you need to get all eligible California voters to the polls, starting now!
- Reproductive Justice & Sex Education: Tuesday, Jan. 23, 6 to 7 p.m.
- We’re in a critical moment. Sexual harassment and abuse is being both challenged and normalized. Discrimination against LGBTQ people is on the rise. Here in California, we have the power to make a change. Our schools are required to teach sex ed that addresses healthy relationships and consent and that challenges stereotypes about gender and sexual orientation. But many school districts need extra encouragement to provide the required instruction. They need to hear from you. In this webinar, you will learn how to be a parent advocate for sex education in your district.
- Criminal Justice Reform: Tuesday, Feb. 6, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Right now, a powerful coalition of conservative law enforcement is targeting California mayors and city councils with a cynical misinformation campaign. Their goal is to increase support for mass incarceration and roll back the clock on criminal justice reform. We need you to counter their lies with the truth. In this webinar, we’ll set you up with the skills you need to advocate for local initiatives that truly promote public safety and healthy communities.
ACLU Trainings for Change Makers
Start your year off right by learning how you can get involved in on-the-ground campaigns to make 2018 a visionary year!
� Voting Rights, Jan. 16
� Reproductive Justice, Jan. 23
� Criminal Justice Reform, Feb. 6
In-person trainings (free)
� San Francisco, Jan. 27
� Sacramento, Jan. 28
� San Jose, Feb. 3
� Fresno, Feb. 10