Proposal: Proposal to support the EGT Grain Ship arrival Action
***EGT Grain Ship Arrival – Call to Action by Occupy Longview Washington***
Occupy Longview (Washington) has put out a call to
action to block the EGT grain ship expected to arrive in
There has already been discussion between occupies in various cities
to caravan here to Longview, WA for the purpose of blocking this ship.
We, Occupy Oakland, endorse this call and stand ready to help
with the planning and coordinating to make this action successful.
Occupy Oakland’s port shutdown working group / labor solidarity committee
will continue to meet and will help promote this action through the west
coast network we developed for D12.
We join Longview in calling out to all occupies, from New York City down to
Florida, all the way through to the West Coast, to join us in solidarity.
What Longview needs:
1) Numbers! We need to have a large turn-out. We need your bodies!
2) Media coordination/help
3) Finances/donated funds from larger occupies (for buses, housing
early arrivers, etc.)
4) Suggest a coordinated Inter-Occupy Group/Conference Call(s)
(nationwide) specifically for this action.
1. the same people in the movement, the ones who talk the loudest and the fastest, are putting this third proposal in support of longview forth (nov. 2 shut down, and dec. 12th shutdown)
2. they will get their way.
3. they will get even more money to support this action.
i hope i am wrong, but WHAT THE HELL is this hard-on people in the oakland movement have for longview? they are struggling and everything, yes, but what about OAKLAND folks right here?
let’s not forget that $1,000 was proposed (and approved) to support occupations in washington as well.
i am getting kind of pissed off and suspicious about all of these oakland efforts, money, and time being devoted to washington.
and how is this AN EMERGENCY again? twice before the GA was told that decisions needed to be made as “emergencies.” this is bullshit.