STATEMENT TO ALL MEDIA COVERING OCCUPY OAKLAND
We agree with Occupy Wall Street that corporations “purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.”
The mainstream media’s inextricable ties to corporate interests drive them to lie to protect profits. This undermines the discourse we have begun in occupations across the country and the world.
Due to this conflict of interest, we have set the following requirements for all media.
- All media and those with professional recording equipment will check in at the Media Tent, located in the Southeast corner of Oscar Grant Plaza.
- Do not photograph or film people who are sleeping, receiving medical treatment, or have requested that you refrain from recording them.
- Do not enter the kitchen, kid zone, or medic spaces as this disrupts their function.
- Do not recording personal conversations and meetings without the express permission of those involved.
- We encourage you to document the General Assembly, the primary stage for public gathering and discourse, held daily at 7pm in the amphitheater.
- Make an effort to report on a diversity of voices and opinions; the media team is happy to help.