EarthStrike is an international campaign calling for a global general strike for climate action next September 27. This Oakland rally will be one of many around the world, the first day of events in the campaign leading up the EarthStrike.
This rally is hosted by EarthStike Cali, which is promoting this list of demands:
• Municipalize and wind down all fossil fuel extraction.
• End all pipeline projects, especially those that exploit native land.
• End corporate money and Super PACs that fund fossil fuel expansion.
• End the construction of new oil wells and the practice of fracking.
• Create a tax on industrial carbon emitters with all tax revenue funding renewable energy subsidies.
• Transition to 100% renewable energy by 2035.
• Sign the Paris Climate Accords.
• End subsidies to oil and natural gas companies.
• Regulate large scale agriculture to reduce methane emissions, limit hazardous runoff, and preserve biodiversity.
• Mindfully manage potable water resources, and the inclusion of rainwater into irrigation and waste systems.
• Aid communities displaced by climate disasters with a focus on rebuilding renewable infrastructure, including providing state-level aid to Puerto Rico for natural disasters.
• End all subsidies to meat with further research and development on addressing dairy and other animal agriculture related environmental concerns.
• Redirect automaker subsidies towards building and maintaining green public transportation. Repeal the Taft-Hartley Act