Please consider this is an open suggestion, an invitation to help form a working group, &/or a call-out to anyone already moving in this direction who wants added support. I’m a particpant in GAs, been present & participated in a number of Occupy actions, but I haven’t been staying at the camp. I’m interested in feedback from everyone, & in particular from people who’ve been highly involved in the camp infrastructure. Cheers & solidarity.
A. Maintain meaningful presence in the plaza
& B. Continue the social experiment of the encampment
& also C. Grow support & participation throughout the city
1. Begin coordinating plaza shifts, to maintain 24/7 presence, & continue GA schedule
2. Bring in supplies for simple, PVC & tarp rooms, to be set up for a few hours/half day at a time, which would be used for any Occupy committee, activity, working group, etc. Run them with the best open-but-structured approach from Hacker Spaces, Info-Shops, & so on.
3. Probe the limits of “lodging” to make these Free-Rooms warm enough for overnight stays, water-proof enough for in-the-rain-meetings, & filled with enough light-but-comfy-couches, narcoleptics, & trance-yoga-practitioners, that people who need to sleep can do so…
4. Coordinate intentional violations of the “lodging” rule to set up at least one tent each night… preferably one made of sticks & paper to make the regular police rousting look really absurd.
5. Rebuild/renew/grow encampments/occupations throughout the area, anywhere that a group of people come together to do so. Some might be high profile like Veterans’ Camp, some might be extremely low-profile squats/building occupations… Planted wherever people have the commitment & the collaborators, ready to bloom like crocus buds whenever that group decides to declare spring!
Like I said at top, if you’re already moving in this direction, & want help, please let me know.
Reply here, direct message me, or look for me at GA Wednesday: I’ll have an orange scarf under a thick beard over a jacket & tie below a bald head.
Justice, Liberty, Prosperity