Tuesday, July 16, 5:30PM, City Council Meeting
Council is seeking to pass a resolution to administer a $2 million payout to major defense contractor, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) for needed software and infrastructure to integrate “Phase 2” of the Domain Awareness Center (DAC) a mass centralized virtual data center for intelligence gathering in Oakland. If this gross violation of privacy has you concerned come out and voice your opinion on Big Oakland Brother the DAC to the Council.
Sign up to speak against increased government surveillance, Item 7.19:
CITY OF OAKLAND / DOMAIN AWARENESS CENTER
Oakland City Council • Tuesday, July 16, 2013 • 5:30pm • Agenda Item S-7.19
Subject: 2010 PSGP Funding For Phase 2 Of The Domain Awareness Center
Recommendation: Adopt A Resolution Authorizing The City Administrator To:
1) Accept, Appropriate, And Administer Up To Two Million Dollars ($2,000,000) Of American
Recovery And Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Supplemental Port Security Grant Funds For (PSGP)
Fiscal Years 2009 And 2010 Supplemental For Phase 2 Of The Joint Port Of Oakland/City of
Oakland Domain Awareness Center (DAC) Project;
2) Enter Into A Memorandum Of Understanding And Grant Administration Agreement
With The Port Of Oakland To Distribute And Expend Said Funds For Phase 2 Of The System
Enhancements And Integration Of The DAC Project;
3) Approve The City Of Oakland’s Preliminary Spending Plan For Fiscal Years 2009 And
2010 PSGP Grant Funds And To Administer And Expend The Supplemental PSGP Funds
In Accordance With The Preliminary Spending Plan And The Proposed Grant Administration
4) Amend The City’s 2013 Contract With Science Applications International Corporation
(SAIC) By Increasing The Amount To Be Paid Up To Two Million Dollars For Completion Of
Phase 2 Of The DAC Project Work, Bringing The Total Contract Amount Authorized To Four
Million Nine Hundred Thousand Dollars ($4,900,000); And Waiving The Competitive Request
For Proposal/Qualications (RFP/Q) And The Advertising And Bidding Requirements, For The
Proposed Contract Amendment With Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC).
1. NYPD – partnered with creation of Domain Awareness System and together sell licenses
2. Microsoft Justice and Public Safety Team – Primary NSA Partner (works with Fusion Centers)
3. SAIC – 4th Largest U.S. Military Defense Contractor (2012)
4. U.S. Intelligence Community, OPD & Port of Oakland (Coast Guard Intelligence/CGI)
The City of Oakland has proposed the creation of a “Domain Awareness Center” in
Oakland. The center will act as a central aggregator for video feeds and real-time
data from a number of sources around Oakland. Possible program components
include CCTV feeds, license plate recognition, facial recognition, and more.
BIG OAKLAND BROTHER
Don’t you feel safer already?