Say NO to Veolia/City Union Busting!
Hands off the Boston School Bus Union 5
– Vice President Steven Gillis (fired 11/1/13),
– Grievance Chair and Local founder Stevan Kirschbaum (fired 11/1/13),
– Recording Secretary and Charlestown Chief Steward Andre Francois,
– Steward and Local founder Richard Lynch and Steward
– 3 term former President Garry Murchison.
The latter three suspended and threatened with firing.
Every day, USW Local 8751 members in Boston are experiencing more and increasing disrespect from Veolia management, including constant suspensions and threats based on bogus allegations and constant harassment. This includes an illegal lockout that occurred on October 8 that was substantiated and witnessed by local union officials and community leaders, which followed a constitutionally protected free speech protest and discussion by the workers of Veolia’s contract violations and disrespect.
eolia is an international conglomerate that has an extensive history of union busting, and relentless attacks on communities of color. Veolia is an International Tea Party patriot with links to the Koch brothers and the 1%. Their crimes of greed are worldwide, from the profits garnered from running segregated buses and a “settlers only” garbage dump in Israeli occupied Palestine.