Simultaneous classes for beginners and Advanced.
Cryptography another essential tool for everyone, not just activists.
268 14th St.
Oakland, CA 94612
Sunday, October 14, 2012 from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PDT)
- Doors open
- Welcome to Oakland Cryptoparty!
- aestetix (sudoroom) – A beginners guide to cryptography: Codes vs Ciphers, Classical vs Modern Crypto, symmetric, asymmetric, RSA, DES, and more. (Downstairs)
- ryanj (sudoroom) – What do you want from a cryptoparty? Planning session and feedback for future events – which will enevitibly devolve into an open discussion (Upstairs)
- Micah Lee (EFF) – An Introduction to Public Key Crypto, the Web ofTrust, and Certificate Authorities: Start encrypting IMs, emails, and text messages today (Downstairs)
- cooperq – Full Disk Encryption (Upstairs)
- leif – introduction to Tor (Downstairs)
- legind – OTR (Upstairs)
- Mark Burdett (EFF) – textsecure, gibberbot (downstairs)
- Garret Robinson – Building systems using open source cryptographic primitives: using Tor, GPG, and Bitcoin (Upstairs)
- Wrap up – upcoming events and closing announcements