Please join us tomorrow Sunday at 1:00pm at:
19th and Rashida Muhammad (a block away from Telegraph)
if you’re interested in getting involved in this!
Since there currently is no communal space for them, people can contribute time and resources, assist in organizing, and share this information with others who may have resources to contribute.
Most Immediate need:
- Safe shelter (Do you know of any vacant shelter, or
- an affordable apartment for rent?
- Are you able to put a Mom and her child/ren up for a couple of nights?
- Do you have other suggestions for housing resources?)
- Transportation (for donations as well as helping Mom’s get from one safe place to another)
- Baby Clothes
Over the next month we hope to organize an event to raise awareness about this issue, to ask for donations of goods or funds, and to organize an affinity or working group that can help build a sustainable commune where the needs of those who face the most challenging circumstances will be central.
If any Occupy Oakland Committee is interested in helping in this area and working together, please let us know!
We can be contacted at OOMothersAndChildren@gmail.com.