10. Kill its plot to shut down “corporations” and ruin the lives of hardworking Americans, ones who vote in November and work five days a week and never deface the American flag or disrespect their country, because many of them consider themselves lucky to live in a place where they have the right to occupy Frank Ogawa Plaza—and EARN their living.
9. Instead of demanding that the Fed implement change, Occupy should do it itself: Start a business the American way Amadeo Giannini did in San Francisco in 1904, when he opened The Bank of Italy to serve a growing population of immigrant “little fellows” that other banks had turned away. He changed the name of his bank in 1930 to Bank of America.
8. Stop using pit bulls and sloppily-constructed “free speech” to attack journalists—who reserve the right to the freedom of the press and ARE WELCOME IN ANY PUBLIC PLACE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY FOLLOW YOUR “REQUIREMENTS.”
7. Wash up.
6. Start showing up to vote in November.
5. Get a job or stay at home.
4. Establish a definitive cause.
3. Quit defecating in the street and frightening young children.
2. Stop using Twitter, which in April 2011 received “payroll tax exemption” from the City of San Francisco.
1. Implement change the American way (see No. 9), not the Libyan way.
Do something different; do something good; and get real, Occupy Oakland.